The Best Learning Experience of your Life
You can become an Alexander Technique Teacher
Directors Greg Holdaway and Anne Finlay conduct professional Alexander Technique training in Sydney, NSW, Australia, supported by a team of local and international guest teachers.
The training is accredited by the Australian Society of Alexander Teachers (AUSTAT Inc.). The Director is also a sponsoring member of Alexander Technique International (ATI Inc.), information on being sponsored is at the end of this page.
You are invited to contact us and come to visit a training class in order to get a first hand idea of how the training works.
- Students undertake structured learning each week during NSW School Terms. Training is available 32 weeks per year over a minimum of three years to gain a profound competency in all aspects of an Alexander Technique vocation.
- Flexible learning options are available within the guidelines of the professional society.
- The Course Directors and Teachers have been teaching the Alexander Technique for many years and are experienced in training teachers. They have substantial experience in designing and running adult education courses, and additional qualifications and experience in movement science and other disciplines.
- A significant input by local and international teachers is provided, providing multiple descriptions and experiences of the Alexander Technique.
- Non-vocational modules open to students who wish to have an in-depth hands on experience of Alexander Work.
- Post Graduate units are available by negotiation.
Indicative Programme – Three year Training Syllabus
First year: ￼ Evolution of the Self ￼
- Foundational Alexander work
- Movement Pattern recognition
- Behavioural Pattern recognition
- Text studies: FM Alexander, Frank Pierce Jones and Michael Bloch Alexander Technique teaching styles: Marjorie Barstow Patrick McDonald, Walter Carrington, Dick and Elisabeth Walker and the Barlows.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Personal movement project ￼
Second year: Developing Teaching skills ￼
- ‘Hands-on’ Skills
- Structure of learning Motor skills
- Teachers Language Models
- Group Teaching
- First Lesson
- Teaching strategies and games
- Teaching State ￼
Third year: Evolving your teaching, building your business ￼
- Practical teaching practise – student teacher clinic
- Planning group classes
- Client management
- Understanding client groups
- Presenting Alexander’s Technique/presentation skills
- Business skills
- External electives: Certificate IV Training and Assessment Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety First Aid Certificate
Please note that the course is under constant development with the introduction of flexible options for learning. You are invited to contact us and come to visit a training class in order to get a first hand idea of how the training works. Please get in touch to request a prospectus.
Alexander Technique International (ATI) Sponsorship
Director Greg Holdaway is a sponsoring member of ATI and has conducted assessments on their behalf for many years. If you would like to arrange sponsorship with Greg, please contact him on 0408 257 174 or email@example.com. This ATI document may be useful in understanding the process.
Click here to make an enquiry
or call Greg Holdaway on 0408 257 174.
Time and Date
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday mornings during school terms