Alexander Teacher training
Greg Holdaway, Alan Capel and Michael Shellshear conduct professional Alexander Technique training in Sydney, NSW, Australia.
The training is accredited by the Australian Society of Alexander Teachers (AUSTAT Inc.) and the Directors are also sponsoring members of Alexander Technique International (ATI Inc.).
- Students undertake structured learning each week during NSW School Terms, 32 weeks per year over a minimum of three years to gain a profound competency in all aspects of an Alexander Technique vocation.
- The Course Directors and Teachers have been teaching the Alexander Technique for many years and are experienced in training teachers. They have substantial experience in designing and running adult education courses, and additional qualifications in health science, and occupational workplace safety.
- A significant input by local and international teachers is planned, providing multiple descriptions and experiences of the Alexander Technique.
- Non-vocational modules open to students who wish to have an in-depth hands on experience of Alexander Work.
- Post Graduate units available where indicated in the table below.
To be sent a prospectus contact Course Director Greg Holdaway on 0408 257 174 or contact us via email
Indicative Programme – Three year Training Syllabus
￼ First year: ￼ Evolution of the Self ￼
Foundational Alexander work
Movement Pattern recognition
Behavioural Pattern recognition
Text studies: FM Alexander, Frank Pierce Jones and Michael Bloch Alexander Technique teaching styles: Marjorie Barstow Patrick McDonald, Walter Carrington, Dick and Elisabeth Walker and the Barlows.
Anatomy and Physiology
Personal movement project ￼
Second year: Developing Teaching skills ￼
Structure of learning Motor skills
Teachers Language Models
Teaching strategies and games
Teaching State ￼
Third year: Evolving your teaching, building your business ￼
Practical teaching practise – student teacher clinic
Planning group classes
Understanding client groups
Presenting Alexander’s Technique/presentation skills
External electives: Certificate IV Training and Assessment Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety First Aid Certificate ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼