Help with tension and technique
Bring your recovery and performance questions
And your instrument!
Come explore your Music practice with Alexander Technique principles
The Alexander technique is a perfect compliment to your music practise.
Explore the fine-tuning of your self direction, and learn to cooperate fully with your anatomical structure with the application of Alexander technique principles to your Music.
We focus on the process of moving with your instrument, the transitions between postures and musical phrases and the facilitation of antigravity and movement coordination reflexes for ease, power and balance.
Outcomes of the workshop
- Practical Introduction to Alexander Technique principles
- Application of psycho-physical wholeness to music playing
- Insight into your own moving and thinking habits
- Enhanced spatial awareness for your practice
- Each participant will gain personal 1:1 feedback from the trainers
Who is this workshop for?
- Ideal for music teachers – all styles welcome
- Highly relevant for serious music students
Taught by Greg Holdaway, Director Sydney Alexander Technique