BM – Scholarship Info
About the Scholarship
There are 4 scholarships on offer. Each scholarship is worth 50% of the BodyMinded Professional training cost, Worth $1980.
Two Scholarships are for full-time tertiary Music students and
Two Scholarships for full-time Music Teachers.
The scholarship places are for talented and motivated musicians that demonstrate their capacity to be upskilled in the BodyMinded approach and apply into their own performing and/or teaching practice. All instruments, genres and musical styles are welcome.
What is the BodyMinded Training?
BodyMinded is a unique blend of Alexander Technique, practical anatomy applied to professional practice as a musician or music teacher.
When you move you move as a whole. There is a complex relationship of your physical structure (muscle, bones, nervous system) and your thinking (motivation, intention, goals, internal mapping of movement). BodyMinded training will help you to understand and navigate this complex landscape.
Many people use too much effort, or direct their efforts inefficiently. How much effort do we really need?
In the BodyMinded Professional training you learn the relevant anatomical & biomechanical information in an applied way. The course has strong theoretical and research basis, however is presented in a practical manner. No prior anatomy or biomechanical study required. You will be able to apply your new knowledge and insights into your personal and professional life immediately.
The BodyMinded training consists of 12 workshop days and 12 private coaching sessions.
Australian research has revealed that 84% of professional orchestral musicians suffer injury that interferes with their performance.
Proactive measures are always best to establish positive sustainable movement habits. Working with a BodyMinded approach gives you the foundation for a long career in music as a performer or as a teacher. Becoming a BodyMinded music teacher will give you confidence that your teaching is safe and healthy for your students.
If you are struggling now with injury or pain then undertaking the BodyMinded training is likely to turn around your playing and bring back the joy!
On successful completion of the BodyMinded training, graduates are permitted to use the BodyMinded logo and promote themselves as BodyMinded Professionals.
Each of the BodyMinded teaching team works with you to achieve:
1. Tertiary student applicants: 2018 full time tertiary music student (all instruments, musical genres are welcome)
2. Music Teacher applicants: 2018 you are an active music teacher in private studio practice or based in the school system (state or private).
3. Available to attend all 12 workshop days in 2018, each workshop 9am – 4pm. Dates available in the BodyMinded information pack. Sydney training is 3 intensives of 4 days each. Brisbane training is 6 weekends in 2018.
4. Payment of 50% of training fee $1800 +GST (payment plan available).
5. Willingness to be photographed and interviewed to promote the scholarship.
1. Complete the online application form.Organise your reference from a current music teacher (tertiary students) or a professional peer referee (music teachers). Submit your application before 5 December
2. All applicants will be contacted and those that are short listed will be invited to a short interview (skype or face to face in Sydney)
3. All applicants will be given feedback and told the outcome of the scholarship process by 22 December 2017.
The scholarships will be awarded based on written application and short interview (via skype or in person). Applicants will be ranked in relation to
1. Eligibility, including ability to attend all the workshop days & reference from teacher or professional peer
2. Demonstration of interest, curiosity and eagerness to learn
3. Potential for incorporating the BodyMinded approach into professional practice (performing and/or teaching)
4. Financial circumstances (including but not limited to geographical location)
5. Potential to positively contribute to a healthier music community using the BodyMinded approach.
Applications OPEN from 15 September 2017
Applications CLOSE 5 December 2017
Scholarships interviews held between 10 – 20 December 2017
Scholarships awarded by 22 December 2017
All applicants will be contacted with the outcome of the scholarship process