Master teacher of Alexander Technique and author of “Onstage Synergy: Integrative Alexander Technique Practice for Performing Artists”.
With over thirty years teaching experience, Cathy is world renowned for her extraordinary insight and teaching skill… and her workshops are fun!
- Senior Lecturer on Washington University Actor training programme
- Director of the Alexander Technique Training and Performance Studio
- Associate Director of Alexander Training at BodyChance, Japan
- Ex-Chair of Alexander Technique International (ATI)
- Teacher assessor for Alexander Technique International
- Active as a Theatre Director
I began my studies in the Alexander Technique with Master Teacher Marjorie Barstow in 1975 while I was a graduate student in theatre at Washington University in St. Louis.
When I completed my university studies, I moved to Lincoln, Nebraska to continue my studies with Marjorie Barstow and began teaching the Alexander Technique in 1980. After nearly 8 years in Lincoln, I moved to Seattle where I was a founding member of The Performance School, and began teaching for the University of Washington’s Professional Actor Training Program.
I assisted Marjorie Barstow for many years in Lincoln and internationally.
I now travel regularly to training schools and do workshops in England, Germany, and Switzerland, and Australia. I am Associate Director for ATA, an Alexander training school in Tokyo and Kyoto. In Seattle, I teach for the University of Washington’s Professional Actor Training Program. I am Director of the Alexander Technique Training and Performance Studio, and Artistic Director of Raven’s Flight.
Click on an image for a larger version.