I started learning Alexander Technique in 1984 and I quickly knew that I would be an Alexander Technique teacher. Alexander Technique has resourced me over the years to learn a great deal about myself and to assist others to help themselves in life either by managing pain conditions, improving their performance in tasks or overcoming injury.
- 1991 graduated as an Alexander Technique teacher from Centre for Alexander Technique Studies.
- Apprenticed with William Brenner from 1992-1996 including teaching on his training course.
- Private Practice 1996-2011 Alexander Technique Consultants in Sydney, Newcastle and Blue Mountains.
- Developed workplace safety courses for Nature Care College, Tafe Northern Sydney Institute, National Safety Council of Australia. I have trained at Coca Cola, Apple, Bluescope Steel and others.
- Chairperson of the Australian Society for Alexander Technique Teachers (AUSTAT) from 2004 until 2008
- Advanced Diploma of Alexander Technique as well as qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Workcover Approved HSR trainer
I have taught Alexander Technique at School for Alexander Technique Studies Melbourne (SOFMAS) as well as at Naturecare College Sydney, NIDA and the Actors Centre. Senior Consultant at National Safety Council of Australia 2005.
I am the current chairperson of the Australian Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (AUSTAT inc.)
Click on an image for a larger version.